Armenia, which joined GBIF as a participant in 2020, is a globally significant centre of agrobiodiversity located in the Caucasus, itself of one of the world's most important biodiversity hotspots.
In this project, GBIF France will mentor the Armenian GBIF node by providing virtual capacity-building workshops on technical topics (the GBIF IPT, the R programming language, OR, ALA basic modules) and developing a website and portal to be hosted by GBIF France.
GBIF Armenia will develop a one-day training module in e-learning modules structured for reuse within the platform and provide on-site training for up to 70 people on contributing and using to the infrastructure.
The goals of this project are to:
- Establish a well-developed national node infrastructure
- Assess the potential for bibliogeographic resources
- Analyse stakeholders’ needs and levels of preparedness for data digitization and usage
- Set up a national web portal for digitization and mobilization of biodiversity data
- Empower national and international GBIF committees through ALA
The mentoring will use English as the common language to facilitate interactions between nodes staff, decision-makers, members of monitoring committee and other stakeholders.