Darwin test enables the following functionality:
- To validate and check records from Darwincorev2 or Darwincore1.4 tables through queries that users can customize.
- Activation and deactivation queries.
- To create new validation queries to fit users needs.
- To make direct corrections on wrong records through the validation forms. Those corrections can be set in a permanent way in the first Darwincorev2/Darwincore14 table or in a parallel table. Click here to see a tutorial video.
- Filters creation and management that makes the user be able to remove records or generalize decimal coordinates.
- To check scientific names in comparison to the SCIENTIFIC_NAMES table from THE CATALOGUE OF LIFE: ITIS and Species 2000, or to any other database that fits some minimum requirements.
- To check scientific names in comparison to the table AAT (Taxonomic Authority Archives) from the Sistema de Información sobre Biodiversidad (SIB) de Colombia.
- Coordinate conversions from UTM to decimal degrees which are used in the Darwincore format.
- Detection of anomalous ASCII characters.
- Generation the Apparent Quality Index to follow the improvement in data quality.
- To eliminate those records from the Darwincore table that may not be shown into the GBIF data portal.
- To generalize o delete geographic coordinates in those records of the DarwinCore that are considered sensitive data.
- To provide tables of standard countries (ISO-3166), Provinces (ISO-3166-2) and continents. They have boundingbox for countries and provinces.
- Error detection of omission, typographic, convention and consistency of the data.
- DARWIN_TEST is based on Microsoft Access© XP.
- Only a database Darwin_test.mdb and you can link the DARWINCOREV2 or DARWINCORE14 table and other referecence tables to check scientific names.
- Graphical User Interface easy-to-use.
- Open source code available on Sourceforge.net under the terms of the EUPL.