As mentioned last week, we're looking to catch up and dispel any mystery or suspense over the papers that we select from the results of our literature tracking programme each month—the same papers that you can expect to see in GBIF's annual Science Review (find the 2017 version here).
The list below brings us to February 2017, the month when, after a quiet January, the number of peer-reviewed uses of GBIF-mediated data first approached to their current level of around two papers per day.
Will the trend continue? For each of the first two or three months that it first spiked, we presumed that it was an anomaly. But now, after holding steady, more or less, for eight months, we just have to wait and see…
- Andrew C, Heegaard E, Kirk PM et al. (2017) Big data integration: Pan-European fungal species observations' assembly for addressing contemporary questions in ecology and global change biology. Fungal Biology Reviews. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fbr.2017.01.001.
🇳🇴 🇬🇧 🇹🇰 🇨🇭 🇨🇿 🇦🇹 🇳🇱 🇩🇪 🇺🇸
- Antonelli A, Hettling H, Condamine FL (2016) Toward a Self-Updating Platform for Estimating Rates of Speciation and Migration, Ages, and Relationships of Taxa. Systematic Biology. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1093/sysbio/syw066.
🇸🇪 🇳🇱 🇫🇷 🇺🇸 🇸🇭
- Carew ME, Metzeling L, St Clair R, Hoffmann AA (2016) Detecting invertebrate species in archived collections using next-generation sequencing. Molecular Ecology Resources. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1111/1755-0998.12644.
- Figuerola B, Barnes DKA, Brickle P, Brewin PE (2017) Bryozoan diversity around the Falkland and South Georgia Islands: Overcoming Antarctic barriers. Marine Environmental Research Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marenvres.2017.02.005.
🇪🇸 🇬🇧 🇫🇰
- González-Salazar C, Stephens CR & Sánchez-Cordero V (2017) Predicting the Potential Role of Non-human Hosts in Zika Virus Maintenance. EcoHealth. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10393-017-1206-4.
- Martin CA & Harvey WJ (2017) The Global Pollen Project: A New Tool for Pollen Identification and the Dissemination of Physical Reference Collections. Methods in Ecology and Evolution. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1111/2041-210X.12752.
- Pausas JG & Ribeiro E (2017) Fire and plant diversity at the global scale. Global Ecology & Biogeography 26(8): 889-897. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1111/geb.12596.
- Skeels A & Cardillo M (2017) Environmental niche conservatism explains the accumulation of species richness in Mediterranean-hotspot plant genera. Evolution. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1111/evo.13179.
- Taylor NG, Kell SP, Holubec V, Parra-Quijano M, Chobot K & Maxted N (2017) A systematic conservation strategy for crop wild relatives in the Czech Republic. Diversity and Distributions. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1111/ddi.12539.
🇬🇧 🇨🇿 🇮🇹
- Zohner CM, Benito BM, Fridley JD, Svenning JC, Renner SS (2017) Spring predictability explains different leaf-out strategies in the woody floras of North America, Europe and East Asia. Ecology Letters. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1111/ele.12746.
🇩🇰 🇳🇴 🇺🇸