GBIF is looking for a contractor to develop a React-based front-end application. This multilingual, form-based application will provide editors from around the world the ability to manage content accessible through GBIF.org.
- Demonstrable experience with React JS and associated SPA build environment
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Knowledge of Material UI or Ant Design frontend libraries
- Familiarity with building translatable SPAs
- Knowledge of test frameworks for validations of form based input
- Proficiency with GitHub
As part of our core infrastructure, GBIF maintains a database of entities such as Organizations, People and Datasets all exposed through an authenticated RESTful (JSON) interface. Today an AngularJS-based web console provides in-house editors the ability to manage content.
Recent expansions of the API with new content types, a desire to open editing access to external users and a need to address an aging software stack lead us to seek a new solution. We have developed a React-based proof of concept and are seeking a contractor to help us take this concept to production.
We anticipate an initial on-site scoping session at the GBIF Secretariat in Copenhagen to introduce the existing system and requirements for the features sought. We expect that subsequent work can be undertaken remotely, using GitHub as a basis for collaboration and with on-site visits only as required.
GBIF welcomes expressions of interest for undertaking this work to start as soon as possible. If you are interested please email Tim Robertson, GBIF head of informatics, with:
- Two or more examples showing your React-based work
- An indication of your daily rate or preference to meet to discuss fixed price delivery
- Information on your availability
This call for expressions of interest will remain open until a contractor is appointed.