The 28th GBIF Governing Board meeting—also known within the community as GB28—will take place as a virtual meeting on 5-7 October 2021.
There will be an opportunity for attendees do a technical check-in on Monday 4 October by Zoom to ensure that they can log in for the meeting the following day. Along with this check-in the Secretariat will host an informal Icebreaker in connection with the technical check-in from 13:00-14:00 Copenhagen time (UTC+2) on 4 October.
The meeting is open to GBIF Heads of Delegation, appointed additional delegates and GBIF committee members.
Any questions about the meeting can be sent to GB28@gbif.org.
Monday, 4 October 2021
- Icebreaker / Technical check in
Tuesday, 5 October 2021 - Day 1
- Introduction session
- Report from the Governing Board Chair
- Report from the Executive Secretary
- Report from the Budget Committee
- Report from the Science Committee
- Report from the Nodes Committee
- Awards announcement and videos
- Secretariat update (prerecorded videos)
Wednesday, 6 October 2021 - Day 2
- Presentation of draft Strategic Framework 2023-2027 (prerecorded videos)
- Presentation of draft Table of Financial Contributions 2023-2027
- Draft revisions to the GBIF Staff Rules
- Future GB meetings
Thursday, 7 October 2021 - Day 3
- Additional updates from the Secretariat (launch of several hosted portals and information on new communication materials) and questions from the floor
- Closure of meeting
How to use PBIF
Legume Data Portal
Pre-recorded videos available before the meeting
Agenda item 8: Secretariat update, 5 Oct. (continued to extra Secretariat update session on 7 Oct.)
Data papers and data mobilization
DNA-derived data in GBIF
GBIF backbone and the Catalogue of Life
GBIF exports available on the cloud
Introduction to GRSciColl
Sensitive species data
Update on BID, BIFA and CESP
Agenda item 10: Strategic Framework 6 Oct.