Missed the event? Access webinar materials, additional resources and the event recording here
In this webinar, GBIF head of informatics Tim Robertson and biodiversity data expert John Wieczorek explored how the new data model allows sharing of richer information, overcoming the limitations of the current Darwin Core Archive.
Representatives of collection management systems (CMS) also commented on the applicability of this model for their systems and opened opportunities for further discussion.
|15:05||Update on the model and investigation of its application to ArctosDB
|15:30||Invited presentations from CMS reps||Multiple speakers|
|16:25||Progress update and next steps||Tim Robertson
Special thanks to each of our invited speakers!
- Teresa Mayfield, Arctos db CMS
- Richard Pyle, Bishop Museum
- Christian Bölling, Musuem für Naturkunde | DINA Consortium
- Wouter Addink, DiSSCo
- Evgeniy Meyke, EarthCape
- Sharon Grant, Field Museum | EMu
- Heimo Rainer, NHM Wien | JACQ CMS
- Katelin Pearson and Laura Rocha Prado, Symbiota Support Hub