While its first phase focused principally on the value streams enabled by the Digital Specimen and Extended Specimen frameworks, this second phase of the community consultation will direct conversations and discussions toward the infrastructure capabilities needed to support the combined Digital Extended Specimen model (DeS) and achieve the desired business outcomes.
- Well-founded access points and data cyberinfrastructure alignment
- Persistent identifier scheme(s)
- Meeting legal, regulatory, ethical, and sensitive data obligations
- Workforce capacity development and inclusion
- Transactional mechanisms and provenance
- Partnerships to collaborate more effectively
The online discussion will open on 15 June and run until 27 July.
Session #1 Recording
Session #2 Recording
The alliance for biodiversity knowledge invites other parties to participate in this process, review the draft consultation outline and sign the Letter of Intent. If you have ideas, want to ask questions, or would like to co-moderate a topic, please contact us at email@example.com.
More background information can be found here