The GBIF Asia Support Team is organizing a workshop to address capacity needs and promote regional data publication. The course–delivered in English–will cover the following topics based on the GBIF Biodiversity Data Mobilization curriculum:
- Project planning
- Data capture
- Data management
- Data publishing
The workshop is divided into three phases:
- 12th-16th September:__ preparatory course activities (online self-paced)
- 19th-23rd September: virtual workshop * (Zoom sessions and online self-paced, 4 hours per day)
- 26th September - 21st October: certification exercises (online self-paced)
All Zoom sessions will be conducted at 03:00-05:00 am UTC+0 *
If you are interested in this workshop, please fill out the application form.
Due to limited training personnel, we will only be able to accommodate 30 participants in this workshop. We hope all participants will become trainers or mentors for future workshops.
If we receive over 30 applications to participate in the training, we will select participants based on the following criteria (not in specific order):
- Applicants that have already identified dataset(s) that they intend to publish;
- Applicants that represent data holding institutions planning to publish data;
- Applicants that have plans to hold replication workshops;
- Applicants that intend to become mentors to support future workshops (advanced badge needed);
The application will close at 23:59 UTC on the 23rd of August 2022.
The result will be announced by the end of the 26th August 2022.
Any questions or comments please write to us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org