This workshop was held during the TDWG 2017 conference in Ottawa and was arranged to provide participants with a greater understanding of the international ALA community, tools and documents available to those involved with biodiversity data.
The presentations were done by participants from GBIF Spain, Atlas of Living Atlases, GBIF Sweden, Canadensys and GBIF France. The workshop was composed of 4 sessions. The first one was an introduction to the community and the ALA platform. It was followed by more than 25 persons. The three last sessions were more practical with exercises, and we had around 10 peoples following them. The workshop was composed of the following presentations:
- Introduction of the Living Atlases workshop presented by Marie-Elise Lecoq from GBIF France
- Living Atlases Architecture presented by David Martin from Atlas of Living Australia
- Documentation about Atlas of Living Australia tools presented: how to find information by Fabien Caviere from GBIF France
Sessions 2,3 & 4:
- The Registry component of Atlas of Living Australia by Santiago Martínez de la Riva from GBIF Spain
- Biocache-store: Command-Line Interface tool for managing occurrence records presented by Manash Shah from GBIF Sweden
- Occurrences : Data resources and Biocache-hub presented by Jeremy Goimard from Canadensys
- Living Atlases : tips and advices presented by Marie-Elise Lecoq
The last session was also composed of discussions to help understand problematics that the participants had and to find how ALA can help them.