The GBIF Nodes of the Africa region gathered in Pretoria in 2013 to:
• Review current status of the Nodes: highlights, achievements and challenges.
• Report on progress with the implementation of the African Regional Action Plan.
• Progress with the African Coordinating Mechanism i.e. the development of the business case for BI for Africa.
• Determine the way forward with the Action Plan.
• Election of a new regional representative.
• Input into the mid-term meeting and GB 20, including important issues for the side event.