This workshop was held as a part of a CESP project, Tackling the spatial challenge in the Southern Cone through georeferencing training. A total of 38 students participated in the workshop.
The objective of the workshop is that the participants manage to generate high-quality geo-referenced localities, in order to be added to the corresponding biodiversity records. For which, we propose the following objectives:
- Know the basic geographic concepts for georeferencing
- Know the terms of the DarwinCore standard related to georeferencing
- Become familiar with locality descriptions and associated best practices
- Know the fundamentals and basics of georeferencing methods
- To apply these methods to georeference localities and with online queries
There has been set up an Argentinian e-learning workshop site where the students can find workshop pre-course activities and course materials.