This workshop was planned as part of the BID project co-funded by the IGAD Biodiversity Management Program (BMP) which the National Ministry of Environment and Forestry is currently implementing. Held over two days from the 17th to the 18th of May at the Juba Landmark Hotel in South Sudan, the workshop was organised with the aim to create awareness to the biodiversity data holders, managers and users about the importance of data mobilization and sharing with decision makers, researchers and the wider public.
A total of 33 participants took part in this workshop comprising of individuals from Ministerial departments, academic institutions, national & international NGO’s and developmental partners.
The workshop session consists of series of presentations, practical exercises, general discussions, questions and answer sessions. A detailed report which documents the events of the workshop has been produced and gives access to workshop presentations and activities. Recommendations based on the outcomes of workshops have been produced with key points to be addressed by the Ministry if Environment and Forestry and other stakeholders involved with biodiversity and data management.
- National Biodiversity Data Mobilisation Plan
- National Biodiversity Database System (NBDS)
- Biodiversity Database Mobilization & Management Experience form Sudan
- Biodiversity Database Mobilization & Management Experience form Eastern African Region
- Biodiversity Data Use for Decision Makers- Experience from Sudan & the Region
- Group discussions & Plenary on Biodiversity Data Mobilisation, Management and Use