This 5-day workshop, hosted by the Humboldt Institute aimed to transfer VertNet’s experience on the automatic improvement of biodiversity data quality on the publication workflow of SiB Colombia and the Humboldt Institute.
Thirteen people participated in the workshop comprising of information technology experts to biological collections members from partner institutions.
Topics covered included:
- Presentation and intensive practice on the Darwin Core Data Migrator Toolkit to train the SiB and Humboldt Institute members on its use.
- Assessment of available documentation and identification of documentation gaps. Translation of key documentation and confection of new documentation
- Exchange of experiences about data digitization, data publication and data quality processes.
- Planning of the activities to follow concerning the implementation of the tool.
- Talk at the Universidad Javeriana about biodiversity data quality issues.