This workshop, scheduled as part of the CESP project “Increasing capacities to develop National Species Checklists in the Latin America and the Caribbean Region” (Project ID CESP2018-011), aimed to provide a forum for attendees to exchange experiences in the process of consolidation and publication of taxonomic lists between GBIF nodes of Latin America and the Caribbean.
The main objectives of the workshop were to:
- Establish the minimum requirements for the consolidation of taxonomic lists between the GBIF nodes of Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Transfer knowledge and lessons learned from each country in the consolidation of taxonomic lists and their publication through GBIF.
- Identify the key components and the work route that facilitates the publication of taxonomic lists through GBIF.
- Establish the publication route of national taxonomic lists and their escalation in global taxonomic line.
- Consolidate a toolbox that allows the publication of robust and quality taxonomic lists.
- Define the guidelines and documentation necessary for the publication of taxonomic lists, addressed to the GBIF network and the Spanish-speaking community.