This regional meeting will conclude the first phase of the Biodiversity Information for Development (BID) programme and aims to identify regional priorities and actions to sustain the mobilization of biodiversity data for science and policy.
The event will take place in Yaoundé, Cameroon.
The programme is as follows:
3 September 2019: BID impacts in the region
- Analysis of the overall impact of the BID programme
- Presentation of the regional results in the fields of data mobilization and capacity enhancement achieved through the BID programme
- Presentation of selected guiding examples of the use of biodiversity data for decision making
- Identification of best practices tailored to regional specificities
04 September 2019: Planning for the Future
- Understanding the regional biodiversity informatics landscape: developing a regional perspective of existing initiatives
- Understanding the demand for biodiversity data at a regional level: where do regional priorities lie?
- Planning for the future
05 September 2019: Excursion and Bioblitz
- Networking opportunity between project teams and regional partners
- Data mobilization through citizen science
06 September 2019: Training in Node management - Setting up a national or regional biodiversity information facility
- The GBIF network and community structure
- Making the case for Participation in GBIF
- Roles and functions of GBIF Participant nodes
- Governance models
- Strategic, implementation and communication plans for nodes