This workshop provided information and training for publishing biodiversity data through the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF) online platform.
The workshop took place on September 25, 2018 at Sainte Anouarite Conference Center, Abomey-Calavi. The objective of the workshop was to support GBIF-Benin’s partners in achieving greater visibility at the international level by registering as data publishers on GBIF.org and publishing biodiversity data.
A total of 20 participants attended the workshop. The workshop went through the following steps:
- Welcome address of the node manager of GBIF-Benin
- Presentation of GBIF
- Presentation of GBIF-Benin and its achievements
- Interest of biodiversity data publishing
- Data publishers, registration process and advantages
- Closing address from the GBIF-Benin node manager
Through the workshop aims, participants were informed on the recent activities of GBIF Benin and the importance of biodiversity data publishing. Participants were invited to keep supporting GBIF-Benin in its ongoing and future activities.