Best Practice Guide for Data Gap Analysis for Biodiversity StakeholdersDownload
This best practice guide elaborates on processes of conducting Data Gap Analyses (DGA) of biodiversity data, which can help prioritize data mobilization activities.
The guide illustrates general practices by summarizing 16 actual DGA exercises, with six focused on GBIF-mediated data discussed in detail.
This guide is intended to support biodiversity data stakeholders including:
- Biodiversity information systems/networks
- Biodiversity data publishers
- Biodiversity organizations
- Research groups
- Information managers
- National/regional/thematic Biodiversity Information Facilities (BIFs)
- National/regional funding agencies
Arturo H. Ariño, Vishwas Chavan and Javier Otegui