Progress and plans
To coordinate, support and carry out activities focused on the knowledge of Mexican biodiversity through the compilation, generation and exchange of biodiversity information.
- CONABIO Comisión Nacional para el Conocimiento y Uso de la Biodiversidad
- CONACYT Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología
The Mexican node team have been integrated and hosted by CONABIO since 2001. Primary functions of CONABIO include
- to implement and operate the National Biodiversity Information System (SNIB) as established in article 80, section V, of the General Law of Ecological Balance and Environmental Protection
- to provides data, information and consultancy to different users
- to implement national and global information networks on biodiversity
- to comply with those international commitments on biodiversity
- to carry out actions aimed at the conservation and sustainable use of Mexico's biodiversity.