The JRS foundation has awarded the Albertine Rift Conservation Society (ARCOS) a grant to build competence for biodiversity information systems in the Albertine Rift region. The theme of this second workshop was “Delivering Practical Regional Biodiversity Information Systems in the Albertine Rift”.
In addition to the topics included in previous ARCOS workshops related to bioinformatics, GIS, remote sensing and database management systems, participants were presented the prototype of the ‘Albertine Rift Biodiversity Portal’ and taken through steps to be followed when uploading and publishing data through it.
Moreover, some sessions facilitated by TanBIF looked at the GBIF’s Integrated Publishing Toolkit; a very convenient tool that eases the task of uploading data and allows for some processing of the data.
The event was organised in collaboration with the GBIF nodes in the region.
18 people. The target public were representatives from all ARCOS related countries.
Please contact Dr Sam Kanyamibwa (skanyamibwa AT arcosnetwork.org) if you have any questions about this event.
- Kanyamibwa, Sam (Main contact)
- Anita, Karire (Participant)
- Habakaramo, Patrick (Participant)
- Ndoricimpa, Pacifique (Participant)
- Mrisha, Chediel (Participant)
- Maritim, Zachary Kimutai (Speaker / Trainer)
- William, Apollinaire (Speaker / Trainer)
- Shimba, Faith (Speaker / Trainer)
- Fikiri, Hafidh (Speaker / Trainer)
- Gasingirwa, Marie Christine (Speaker / Trainer)
- Machoke, Mwita (Participant)
- Behangana, Mathias (Participant)
- Kakunce, Alain (Participant)
- Ndayishimiye, Joël (Participant)
- Kizungu, Robert (Participant)
- Milinganyo, Mwanga (Participant)
- Damascene, Mazimpaka (Participant)
- Janvier, Kwizera (Participant)