Lipogramma barrettorum Baldwin, Nonaka & Robertson, 2018
- GBIF Backbone Taxonomy
- Published in
- Baldwin, Carole C., Luke Tornabene, D. Ross Robertson, Ai Nonaka & R. G. Gilmore. 2018. More new deep-reef basslets (Teleostei, Grammatidae, Lipogramma), with updates on the eco-evolutionary relationships within the genus. ZooKeys 729: 129-161.
- Lipogramma barrettorum
Diagnosis. A species of Lipogramma distinguishable from congeners by the following combination of characters: pectoral-fin rays 15 - 16 (modally 16); gill rakers 12 - 14 (modally 12, 8 - 10 rakers on lower limb); four supraorbital pores present along dorsal margin of orbit, a pore present between one above mid orbit and one above posterodorsal corner of orbit; caudal fin rounded; body mostly yellow in life with 11 or 12 narrow brownish bars on trunk; posterior base of soft dorsal fin with large white- or blue-rimmed black ocellus; dorsal, anal and caudal fins yellow with blue / grey (brown in preservative) wavy bars or square-shaped spots. Pelvic fins blue / grey with scattered yellow-ringed dark spots. The new species is further differentiated genetically from congeners for which molecular data are available in mitochondrial COI and nuclear Histone 3, Rhodopsin, TMO- 4 C 4, and RAG 1.
Etymology. Named Lipogramma barrettorum in recognition of the support of Craig and Barbara Barrett for the Smithsonian's Deep Reef Observation Project (DROP).
- Lipogramma barrettorum Baldwin, Nonaka & Robertson, 2018
- Common names
- Blue-spotted Basslet in English
- Baldwin, C. C.; Tornabene, L.; Robertson, D. R.; Nonaka, A.; Gilmore, R. G. (2018). More new deep-reef basslets (Teleostei, Grammatidae, Lipogramma), with updates on the eco-evolutionary relationships within the genus. <em>ZooKeys.</em> 729: 129-161.
- Froese, R. & D. Pauly (Editors). (2019). FishBase. World Wide Web electronic publication. version (12/2019).