Abacophrastus Will, 2011
- GBIF Backbone Taxonomy
- Published in
- Will, K.W. Taxonomic review of the Pterostichini amd Loxandrini fauna of New Caledonia (Coleoptera, Carabidae). -. ZooKeys, 147 : 337-397. (2011).
Etymology. The genus is treated as Latin masculine and is a combination incorporating the Greek abaco, being broad and therefore like the genus Abax, and phrastos meaning " expression ". Given that these species are similar and related to Abacomorphus and Abacoleptus, the name roughly translates as yet " another expression of Abax. "
- Abacophrastus Will, 2011
- Article title: Taxonomic review of the Pterostichini and Loxandrini fauna of New Caledonia (Coleoptera, Carabidae).
- ZooKeys 147: -. [337-397]
- inferred from original work (title)
- inferred from original work (title)/web search (AJR)
- original publication
- www.organismnames.com (Mar 2015) / web search