The GBIF Secretariat in Copenhagen is looking for an Administrative Assistant to expand the capacity of the Administrative group. The incumbent will focus primarily on assisting with grant management and administrative financial tasks. The deadline for applications is 12 September 2021.
The position is a full-time, general-service position (support staff) for a period of two (2) years with the possibility of extension. The successful candidate will be locally recruited.
Function and job description
The tasks will include providing assistance in the following areas:
- Call for proposals and project administration in collaboration with other Administrative Assistants, including regular contact with project leads, working with the GBIF Grant Management Portal and updates of web-based project pages
- Assistance to the Financial Controller, with tasks to include bookkeeping, preparation of grant contracts and invoices for payment, and registration, assessment and archiving of financial project reports
- Assistance to Programme Officers and other Secretariat staff with administrative tasks related to their work areas
- General administrative support, as required
Preferred skills and experience
- Background in office administration and 1-2 years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience with the administrative processes involved in the issue and managing of calls for proposals is desirable.
- Experience with bookkeeping and accounting and/or a good understanding of financial processes would be advantageous.
- The primary working language at the GBIF Secretariat is English and the candidate should therefore have excellent written and oral English language skills. Knowledge of other languages, especially French and Spanish, would be advantageous. As the Secretariat is located in Denmark, good knowledge of Danish would be advantageous, but not a requirement.
- Experience in the Microsoft Office applications and the use of organizational databases is required. Experience with grant management software would be advantageous. The Secretariat will provide in-house training as needed for other IT applications.
This post is an exciting opportunity to work in a multicultural environment for an international organization at the cutting edge of scientific developments in biodiversity informatics for sustainable development. The candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with a highly skilled set of people within the Secretariat and also to connect with a very active global network.
If you match these requirements, we look forward to hearing from you.
GBIF salaries are competitive and are exempt from Danish income tax.
Salary will be according to experience and qualifications within the general range for the position.
Application procedure and deadline
Applications for the position should be in English and include a letter addressing your experience and qualifications for the job and a curriculum vitae. Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 September 2021.
Please indicate in the application where you saw this advertisement. Enquiries concerning the position can be addressed to HR manager, Susanne Sheldon.
Interviews for the position are expected to take place during the second half of September 2021.
GBIF—the Global Biodiversity Information Facility—is an international network and data infrastructure funded by the world’s governments and aimed at providing anyone, anywhere, open access to data about all types of life on Earth.
GBIF is an equal opportunities employer and accepts applications without distinction on the grounds of gender, colour, racial, social or ethnic origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation, marital status or family situation, or any other status. Staff are recruited on the broadest possible geographical basis.