- validate published findings,
- explore new analysis methodologies,
- repurpose data for research questions unanticipated by the original authors,
- perform synthetic studies, and
- utilize data for educational purposes.
Modified 6 November 2012
Dryad is both an international repository of data underlying peer-reviewed articles in the basic and applied biosciences, and a membership organization, governed by journals, publishers, scientific societies, and other stakeholders. Dryad welcomes data submissions related to published, or accepted, scholarly publications. Dryad’s objectives are to serve as a repository for tables, spreadsheets, and all other kinds of data that do not have another discipline-specific repository, and to enable scientists to: