This two-day workshop is held as a part of a BID project, Publishing metadata for biodiversity data generated from REDD+ projects in Tanzania (BID-AF2015-0069-SMA). The workshop is for holders of biodiversity data from REDD+ projects to enhance publishing.
The attendies are coming from different institutions, Miombo Conservation and Development Initiative (MCDI), COSTECH - TanBIF, the National Carbon Monitoring Center (NCMC), WWF - Tanzania Program Office (WWF-TPO), and some MSc students from the Department of Ecosystems and Conservation at Sokoine University of Agriculture.
This workshop covered following topics:
- Global and national gateways for biodiversity data
- Biodiversity informatics and REDD+ in Tanzania
- Biodiversity data digitization
- Data curation, formatting and transformation
- Darwin Core Standards
- Data publishing concepts and introduction to IPT
- Data access via GBIF.org
- Data paper
Participants had the opportunity to practically implement data publishing by preparing Darwin Core Archives and publishing existing datasets using IPT.