Workshop on biodiversity information for environmental conservation by I3B
The objective of this theoretical and practical workshop is to strengthen regional capacity in Latin America to use information technologies to support biodiversity management decisions. An additional objective is to contribute to the enhancement of global biodiversity data platforms such as GBIF already existing in Latin America.
Number of participants and target audience
Technical coordinators of biodiversity conservation and management programs; technical staff in charge of report application, analysis and generation at the national level.
Candidates must be submitted by I3B members and node managers in Latin America. The deadline for subscriptions is the 28 January 2013. If you want more information about this event, please contact the organizers at info AT gbif.es or i3b AT gbif.es.
- Estrada Chavarría, Armando (Speaker / Trainer)
- García, Adrián (Speaker / Trainer)
- Garcia, Randall (Speaker / Trainer)
- Koleff Osorio, Patricia (Speaker / Trainer)
- Martínez Meyer, Enrique (Speaker / Trainer)
- Mora, Maria Auxiliadora (Speaker / Trainer)
- Pando, Francisco (Speaker / Trainer)
- Sanabria Rodríguez, Aurelio (Speaker / Trainer)
- Zamora, Nelson (Speaker / Trainer)
15-18 April 2013
Estación Biológica La Selva , Sarapiquí , Costa Rica