This workshop is organized by the Natural Sciences Institute of the Universidad Nacional in Colombia, together with the Biodiversity Information System (SIB), with support from the Alexander von Humboldt Bioiogical Resources Research Institute, the JRS Biodiversity Foundation and the Spanish GBIF Node.
The objective of this theoretical and practical workshop is to create and strengthen technical capacity to digitize and manage natural history collections in Colombia. The workshop will tackle practical criteria and simple procedures that will allow collections to take informed decisions in the selection process of a digitization tool. The practical sessions will be focused on enhancing capacity on the use of a specific tool and in problem-solving for those who have previous experience.
Technical, academic and scientific staff in charge of the systematization and management of collection information, who are considering software platforms and database solutions. General IT knowledge is required. It is important that the participant can generate the a report for their collection on the implementation and use of the selected software tool that ensures its sustainability.
If you want more information on this event, please contact the Colombian SIB (sib AT humboldt.org.co) using the the subject “Taller colecciones biológicas” in your email.
- Pando, Francisco (Speaker / Trainer)
- Cezón García, Katia (Speaker / Trainer)
- Vélez, Danny (Speaker / Trainer)
- Escobar, Dairo (Speaker / Trainer)
- Gómez, María Fernanda (Speaker / Trainer)
- Londoño Murcia, María Cecilia (Speaker / Trainer)
- Rudas, Eduardo (Speaker / Trainer)
- Sosa, Giovanni (Speaker / Trainer)
- Beltrán, Nestor (Speaker / Trainer)