25 people. All researchers, students, technicians, planners, managers, and other interested persons from across Africa are welcome to apply. To maximize cost-effectiveness, participants from outside of East Africa will be limited in number, particularly in light of plans to hold parallell courses in at least three other African cities in the near future. Approximately 20-25 applicants will be selected to participate in the training course.
Final selection of participants will be based on the following criteria: (1) Applicability of course material to the applicant’s occupation, research, studies, or overall interest; (2) Adequate knowledge or experience in related fields so as to maximize the benefit of participation in the training course; (3) Potential for further sharing and diffusion of knowledge acquired during training; (4) Strength of letter of recommendation from current employer/supervisor.
Please contact the organizers of this event at BiodivTraining (AT) gmail.com. Completed applications are due no later than 1 November 2012.
- Peterson, A. Townsend (Main contact)
- Wieczorek, John (Speaker / Trainer)
- Russell, Laura (Speaker / Trainer)
- Braak, Kyle (Speaker / Trainer)
- Kakunce, Alain (Participant)
- Sainge Nsanyi, Moses (Participant)
- Mwanga Mwanga Ithe, Jean Claude (Participant)
- Ngaunkam, Precilia Shokoleu (Participant)